2. President Obama Announces New Measures to Prevent Gun Violence
3. FULL DETAILS: Fact Sheet on the President’s Plan to Reduce Gun Violence
4. This is a $500 million dollar package
5. These orders also, essentially, make doctors and health officials Mandatory Reporters if they may possibly believe there is a hint of a verbal threat of violence perceived or remotely implied during a medical visit
6. Doctors will now be talking to you about firearms safety, as part of the Mandated Reporter chain
7. Logically — I extrapolate — you can bet that the insurance for doctors will go up, necessitating additional healthcare costs passed on to the consumer, as doctors face greater risk exposure for not reporting incidents in hindsight
The Executive Orders are:
Today, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Please notice that the media doesn’t call them what they are: Executive Orders, otherwise known as EOs. They are given euphemisms such as “actions” and “measures” and a “package.”
And EOs completely bypass Congress and require no Congressional approval or oversight.
Rule — not leadership or the involvement of Congress — by Imperial Executive Fiat is, ladies and gentlemen, here.
Mr Obama says: “L’etat, c’est moi.”