Mr Obama, on his Saturday radio address, promised to crack down on “irresponsible behavior.”
I applaud this outlook. I think he should look inward first. Here is where he could start:
- Abandon his shredding of the US Constitution, starting with his 2nd Amendment attacks;
- Consider an entire revamping of his cabinet, including the elimination of cabinet positions to include the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Department of Energy, the Department of Education, the Department of Homeland Security. This is just a start;
- Press for the Truth In Bills Act, which would limit each bill to one topic and no riders;
- Press for the Equal Applications Act, which makes the measures of each and every bill passed into law equally applicable to every individual in the federal and other governments;
- Press for the Bill Funding Act, which would make it illegal to divert money earmarked for a specific bill to any other fund, budget, for any reason;
- Press for the Tort Reform Act, which includes two very simple words: loser pays;
- Press for the Energy Independence Act, which would develop our own national oil fields, approve the Keystone XL pipeline, approve drilling in ANWR, off our coasts (and not so far out and deep that we ask for another BP disaster); foster tax credits for the building of new electrical generation infrastructure to include updated coal, oil and nuclear stations, as well as new water projects, coastal desalinization plants, and new oil refinery construction;
Of course, this is just a start.
But no. Fear not. Mr Obama will not go there.
His goal: to bring this country down to the level of its lessers, to remove its sovereignty, and make it “pay” for what he called its colonial past.
To Mr Obama, I say: check your own irresponsible behavior; turn that alleged superior intellect inward first.