Featuring Right thinking from a left brain, doing the job the American Media Maggots won’t, embracing ubiquitous, sagacious perspicacity and broadcasting behind enemy lines in Occupied Fornicalia from the veritable Belly of the Beast, the Bill Mill in Sacramento, Fornicalia, I continue to proffer my thanks to the SHR Media Network for allowing me to utilize their studio and hijack their air twice weekly, Tuesdays and Thursdays, thanks to my shameless contract, as well as appear on the Sack Heads Radio Show each Wednesday evening.
My first guest was thriller writer Matthew Betley, author of OVERWATCH, OATH OF HONOR and the upcoming FIELD OF VALOR to be released on May 22nd of 2018, just before Memorial Day — and all published by Atria Books.
Matt’s CV on his website goes something like this:
Matthew Betley grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio, which he considers home after his family moved there from New Jersey, where he was born and which also explains his affinity for the New York Yankees. He attended St. Xavier High School and then Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where he graduated with a B.A. in psychology and minors in political science and sociology. He also spent the first semester of senior year investigating felony murder cases as an intern investigator in Washington, D.C., for the Public Defender’s Office, a formative experience that provided countless stories that could fill the pages of a non-fiction book. Upon graduation, he worked in corporate America for five years in Cincinnati before joining the Marine Corps in 1999.
Matt spent ten years as a Marine officer and was trained as a scout sniper platoon commander, an infantry officer, and a ground intelligence officer. His experiences include deployments to Djibouti after 9/11, and Fallujah, Iraq, prior to the surge, both in staff officer support billets.
Finally, and most importantly, Matt is a recovering alcoholic with nearly eight years of sobriety. He credits the Marine Corps with providing a foundation in discipline and personal accountability for his desire to initially seek help. Matt is open and direct about it and has spoken in front of large groups of people with one clear message – if he can get sober, so can anyone. He credits his recovery with providing the authenticity for Logan West’s struggle with his inner demons.
The topics covered in the Saloon included:
- Happy Stories and good times: the American Media Maggots are falling all over themselves in an attempt to prove who can publish the best lie about Trump, first;
- Roy Moore has lost to Doug Jones in the Alabama special election for Senate;
- Matthew Betley calls in and describes politics as “the absence of all morality in leadership and decision-making; check your principles at the door;”
- Twitter is the Wild West of social media;
- To Matt: Bengals or Browns? Bengals, as he grew up in Cincinnati;
- Matt’s article: “To Kneel Or Not To Kneel” is here, about the NFL;
- For 39 years Matt Betley’s family owned the Bengals practice field;
- Matt’s favorite movie for 2017 is Wind River, also BZ’s. Kiss-Ass Alert: that was not prearranged but spontaneous. Matt: get out of my head;
- Matt reveals he has Hollywood interested in his books, a major producer involved;
- You heard it here first: I believe Matt’s books would make an incredible franchise;
- Matt just started writing book four for release in 2019;
- Day-to-day Matt is John Quick but when pressed he is Logan West;
- Matt works for the government and cannot tell us what branch or agency;
- Listen to the rest of the interview for more points;
- More, later, about buttery political issues;
- The hard expectations of a soft coup in America
If you care to listen to the show in Spreaker, please click on the yellow start button at the upper left.
If you care to watch the show on YouTube, please click on the red start button. Fear not, it’s actually the Berserk Bobcat Saloon and not Jersey Joe’s show.
Please join me, the Bloviating Zeppelin (on Twitter @BZep, Facebook as the Bloviating Zeppelin and on Gab.ai @BZep), every Tuesday and Thursday night on the SHR Media Network from 11 PM to 1 AM Eastern and 8 PM to 10 PM Pacific, at the Berserk Bobcat Saloon — where the speech is free but the drinks are not.
As ever, thank you so kindly for listening, commenting, and interacting in the chat room or listening later via podcast.
- Want to listen to all the Berserk Bobcat Saloon archives in podcast? Go here.
- Want to watch the past shows on YouTube? Please visit the SHR Media Network YouTube channel here.
- Want to watch the show live on Facebook? Go to the SHR Media page on Facebook here.
- Want to watch the show on High Plains TV? Go here.
Thank you one and all for listening, watching and supporting the SHR Media Network: “Conservative Media Done Right.”