– Signed the NDAA into law — assassinating US citizens w/o trial is now legal
– Personally oversaw a ‘Secret Kill List‘
– Waged war on Libya without congressional approval
– Started a covert, drone war in Yemen
– Escalated the proxy war in Somalia
– Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan
– Will maintain a presence in Iraq even after “ending” war
– Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan
– Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries
– Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia
– Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia
– Opened a military base in Chile
– Defended body scans and pat-downs at airports
– Signed the Patriot Act extension into law
– Continued Bush’s rendition program
- U.S. beefs up Persian Gulf forces (read).
- Obama Ignored CIA Report Against Afghan Escalation (read).
- Under Obama, the export of American arms to countries around the world — even those actively repressing their own citizens — is booming. The United States is the world’s top provider of major conventional weapons(read). Imagine that: FAST & FURIOUS.
- C.I.A. said to aid in steering arms to Syrian Opposition (read).
- Drone strikes threaten 50 years of international law, says UN reporter (read).
- Obama asserts presidential powers he once spoke critically of (read).
- Obama administration rejects FOIA requests from NYT, ACLU for “targeted killing” papers (read).
- Ex-CIA Official Slams Obama’s ‘Indiscriminate’ Use of Drones (read).
- What’s behind Obama’s new military base in Chile? (read).
- Jeremy Scahill Says Obama Strikes In Yemen Constitute ‘Murder’ (read).
- “As shown through his stepped-up drone campaign, Barack Obama has become George W. Bush on steroids.” (read).
- Obama order set off wave of cyberattacks against Iran (read).
- Obama Personally Oversees ‘Secret Kill List‘: NYT (read). Obama and Drone Warfare: Will Americans Speak Out? (read).
- Obama OKs Proliferation of US “Hunter-Killer” Drone Technology – Administration plans to arm Italy’s fleet of Reaper drones (read).
- Top Obama Officials, Secretive Process Create ‘Assassination List’ – President Obama’s counter-terrorism chief has “seized the lead” in secretly determining who will die by US drone (read).
- Obama’s ‘Poverty-Relieving’ Plan for Africa a Profit Boon for Giant Agribusiness (read).
- Obama has opened three new military bases in Honduras (read).
- Ex-CIA Interrogator: Obama’s War on Terror Is Less Ethical Than Bush’s. “We don’t capture anybody any more… [Obama’s] default option… has been to … take no prisoners…How could it be more ethical to kill people rather than capture them?” (read).
- Jeremy Scahill: US Has Become ‘Nation of Assassins’ (read).
- The Drone-Happy President: Obama Escalates in Yemen – Again. Obama allows the CIA and the military to fire even when the identity of those who could be killed is not known (read).
- The Obama administration has already launched six times as many drone strikes as the Bush administration in Pakistan alone, killing hundreds of innocent people and devastating families (read).
- Strip-Searches: Obama Wants You to Bend Over (Or Squat) and Spread ‘Em (read).
- Air Force ramps up drone war. New documents reveal plans to more than quadruple Reaper missions by 2016 (read).
- Obama Signs “Fraud-Friendly” JOBS Act into Law. Economist: Bill will bring fraud, destroy jobs (read).
- Why Obama’s JOBS Act Couldn’t Suck Worse (read).
- U.S. draws up plans for nuclear drones (read).
- Our government is watching us more. Clearly. New guidelines permit the federal counter-terrorism investigators to collect, search and store data about Americans who are not suspected of terrorism, or anything at all — like YOU and ME (read).
- U.S. joins effort to equip and pay ‘rebels’ in Syria (read).
- Drone strikes in Yemen soar as U.S. stokes ‘secret war’ – America has dramatically stepped up its “secret war” in Yemen with the U.S. ordering dozens of drone attacks on al-Qaida hotspots, which have also killed scores of civilians (read).
- Bush’s “Total Information Awareness” data mining program revived by the Obama administration (read).
- Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources (read). Related: “Obama’s Creepy Executive Order: Permanent War Economy” (read).
- Obama signs anti-protest trespass bill into law (read).
- Obama administration moves to aid Syrian opposition (read).
- Obama’s Attorney General says U.S. can assassinate American citizens abroad (without being charged with anything or given a trial) (read).
- Obama sees single-candidate election in Yemen as ‘model’ for Middle East (read).
- U.S. drones targeting rescuers and mourners in Pakistan; Obama indirectly admits that U.S. strikes have killed civilians by claiming the drone campaign a “targeted, focused effort” that “has not caused a huge number of civilian casualties”. . . . (read).
- We’re #47! After Occupy Journalist Arrests, US Plummets in Global Press Freedom Rankings (read).
And this just in:
- 10 reasons the U.S. is no longer the land of the free (read).
- Has Obama taken Bush’s ‘preemption’ strategy to another level? (read).
- Obama sending 5 US military officers to South Sudan (read).
- The White House has declared the government of South Sudan eligible to receive weapons and defense assistance from the U.S. The announcement came amid an outbreak of violence between two South Sudanese tribes that may have left thousands dead and some 50,000 people needing aid (read).
- White House rejects calls for oversight on drone killings (read).
- TSA spreading its wings beyond airports (read).
- National Defense Authorization Act – By signing the ‘anti-terror’ bill the president could end up being worse than his Republican predecessor on civil liberties (read).
- The Zenith of Civil Libertarian Anger at President Obama (read).
- Secrecy defines Obama’s drone war (read).
- Obama Promises to Label GMOs (read).
- Obama: U.S. to expand military in Australia (read); 2,500 US Marines to be stationed in Australia (read).
- Obama Administration Delays Keystone Pipeline Decision to After Election (read).
- Palestine Wins UNESCO Membership… And Obama Withdraws (read).
- Obama’s new war in Uganda (read).
- Obama’s proposal would gut Freedom of Information Act (read).
- As troops pull out of Iraq, Obama plans more combat forces elsewhere in the Middle East (read).
- The U.S. will maintain a presence in Iraq even after “ending” of war (read).
- New Obama Foreclosure Plan Helps Banks At Taxpayers’ Expense (read).
- US Troop Deaths in Afghan War Under Obama Now Twice That Under Bush (read).
- Obama sends 100 US combat troops to Uganda to help fight ‘rebels’ (read).
- Obama vows to seek ‘toughest’ Iran sanctions to punish Iranian officials whom he accused of complicity in an alleged plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States (read).
- Obama Waives Penalties on Countries That Employ Child Soldiers – Again! (read).
- U.S. drones attack in southern Somalia (read).
- US Resumes Arms Sales to Bahrain. Less than three months after including Bahrain on a list of human rights offenders requiring the United Nations’ attention, the Obama administration seems to have changed its mind (read).
My trolls usually predominate upon emotions. They conveniently exclude facts.
Guess what, ladies and gentlemen? Check out the above FACTS.
I have provided every link possible.
Leftists? Knock yourselves out. See how Mr Obama has VIOLATED your very foundational precepts. I anticipate hundreds of comments from Leftists and Demorats and so-called Progressives. Maybe even Flo.
Or: truly, not even a peep.