[Meanwhile, back at the ranch.]
I was scurrilously chasing down negative events in the life of Mr Obama (as in) . . .
- Tracked movements via key card, traced calls, searched email...
- FLASHBACK: Admin war on FOX...
- REPORT: DOJ Leaked Docs to Smear Fast & Furious Whistleblower...
- Administration's Two-Front War...
- RNC Chief: Obama Creating 'Atomsphere of Guerilla Warfare'...
- Congressman: Impeachment is an option...
- 'Richard Milhous Obama'...
. . . whilst in the process of seeking a new post topic, when I came upon this little ditty in the sidebar of a Washington Post article:
Homicides in the District
The Post tracked all homicides in D.C. between 2000 and 2011 to learn what happened to each case. It found that fewer than a third of the homicides have led to a conviction for murder or manslaughter. Find homicides in your neighborhood and see citywide trends here.
Some of my first thoughts:
- And this, DC, an area with a long and proud history of Management By Leftists whose first thought is to create infinite laws proscribing firearms.
- Because, apparently, all those anti-firearm laws have been to the great benefit of DC itself, yes?
- The citizens of DC buttressed, of course, in their witnessing and testimony in the numerous homicide investigations extant and in the past, secure in the knowledge that DC’s firearms laws will ensure their forthright and honest statements to the police, and that those black citizens and their families who have been victimized will stand up for their loved ones who have been heinously gunned down in cold blood.
- Unless, of course, those surviving family members happen to be of the same criminal ilk or gang of the victims and, due to that allegiance, find it incumbent not to cooperate in any fashion with the police.
- Because of the inherent doomed gangbanger and Free Cheese welfare lifestyle they have purposely chosen and purposely and steadfastly refuse to disavow. This is, after all, black-on-black crime.
For clarity, I now refer to a wonderful 1991 book by David Simon, “Homicide,” which spawned not only the TV show “Homicide” but Simon’s “The Wire” as well, whose detectives believed in the 10 Rules of a Homicide Investigation:
- Everyone lies. Murderers lie because they have to; witnesses and other participants lie because they think they have to; everyone else lies for the sheer joy of it, and to uphold a general principle that under no circumstances do you provide accurate information to a cop.
- The victim is killed once, but a crime scene can be murdered a thousand times.
- The initial 10 or 12 hours after a murder are the most critical to the success of an investigation.
- An innocent man left alone in an interrogation room will remain fully awake, rubbing his eyes, staring at the cubicle walls and scratching himself in dark, forbidden places. A guilty man left alone in an interrogation room goes to sleep.
- It’s good to be good; it’s better to be lucky.
- When a suspect is immediately identified in an assault case, the victim is sure to live. When no suspect has been identified, the victim will surely die.
- First, they’re red. Then they’re green. Then they’re black. (Referring to the color of an open case on the board, the money that must be spent to investigate the case, and the color of the solved murder as it is listed on the board)
- In any case where there is no apparent suspect, the crime lab will produce no valuable evidence. In those cases where a suspect has already confessed and been identified by at least two eyewitnesses, the lab will give you print hits, fiber evidence, blood typings and a ballistic match.
- To a jury, any doubt is reasonable; the better the case, the worse the jury; a good man is hard to find, but 12 of them, gathered together in one place, is a miracle.
- There is no such a thing as a perfect murder. Always has been, and anyone who tries to prove otherwise merely proves himself naive and romantic, a fool who is ignorant of Rules 1 through 9.
Let us now reflect on the wonders of Leftists and Demorats who began the trend of forcefully and systematically separating black fathers from the family unit in the 60s under the guise of LBJ’s Great Society, and whose steadfast political Free Cheese betrayal has resulted in the outright butchering of hundreds of thousands of black males, women, children, infants and the unborn due to violence and abortion.
Yeah, those gun laws, the Free Cheese, that certainly has had its benefits to the “black community” has it not, ladies and gentlemen?