From the gay newspaper, FrontiersLA.com, and from an Equality California press release:
Today, California Gov. Jerry Brown signed the historic School Success and Opportunity Act into law, ensuring transgender youth have the opportunity to fully participate and succeed in schools across the state. Assembly Bill 1266, authored by Assemblymember Tom Ammiano, passed the California State Senate and Assembly earlier this summer. The bill is the first of its kind in the country, and requires that California public schools respect students’ gender identity and makes sure that students can fully participate in all school activities, sports teams, programs and facilities that match their gender identity.
The new law builds on a national movement to end discriminatory practices and ensure transgender youth have the same opportunity to succeed as other students. Massachusetts and Colorado have statewide policies in line with AB 1266, and the Colorado and Maine state human rights commissions have held that state law requires schools to respect students’ gender identity. Additionally, many school districts across the country have adopted policies that ensure no student is left out, including the Los Angeles Unified School District, the nation’s second largest school district.
A wonderful day, yes?
But where are any references to details? What will AB 1266 actually allow or mandate?
Essentially, Bill 1266, brought to the floor by Sen. Mark Leno and Tom Amianno, means any California student can use any bathroom they wish, regardless of their ‘birth gender’ on record.
1266 also means sports team positions and locker rooms must be open to all genders. This bill does not require a student to get a doctors’ note declaring the student is Transgender, and therefore, needing to be treated as a particular gender. Students of today can say, “we don’t need no stinkin’ notes.”
No, the student can simply declare on his or her own that as of today, I am male, female, transgender, asexual, poly-gendered, pan-gendered. Pronouns too, we will be forced to maintain the fiction of calling a he a she if that is the wish of the day.
Further: their wishes can change at the drop of a hat, mood-dependent.
Your female elementary school child may find Bobby coming out of the boy’s bathroom on Wednesday, and on Thursday find Bobby, now enamored of the name Roberta, in the stall right next to her. All completely legal, now.
I shite thee not.
And what if a given school decides to cancel this foolishness? You can bet it will be subject to lawsuits on every level: local, state and federal — and subject to the removal of funding from any number of sources.
The text of AB 1266 is here. The Pacific Justice Institute responds here and in snippets below:
Sacramento, CA– In a disappointing course of events, California Governor Jerry Brown signed AB 1266, the School Bathroom Bill, into law today. This law requires California public schools to allow students to use bathrooms, showers, locker rooms, and other facilities based on their “gender identity” and not biological sex.
Brad Dacus, President of Pacific Justice institute said, “We at Pacific Justice Institute stand ready and willing to defend anyone who will be victimized as a result of this new law. That includes someone whose privacy rights are violated in the bathroom, in the locker room, in the showers, or someone who is prevented from playing on a sports team because someone from the opposite gender took their place.”
Those whose rights are violated by thew new law are encouraged to contact Pacific Justice Institute for proper defense.
PJI has lead the opposition to AB1266 throughout its stint in the legislature, and also created GenderInsanity.com as a focal point for the opposition. PJI staff attorney Matthew McReynolds also testified in both houses of the legislature in opposition to the bill.
But, as I am customarily wont to do, I posit: what is the Logical Extension from this? I respond: the same for public restrooms throughout the entire state, and this will occur within, I submit, the next two years. The doors have, literally been opened, and precedent has been set.
You’ll have male pedophiles in the women’s bathroom in disguise covered by the law, waiting to view young girls au naturale. And that’s just to start. They can’t wait.
A few scenarios from GenderInsanity.com:
- Imagine your 12 year-old son goes on an overnight camping trip with the Boy Scouts. The Scout troop leader nervously tells you that one of their newest members has been assigned to his tent, and even though she has lived most of her life as a girl, everyone needs to treat her like just another Boy Scout, since that’s now what she wants and “it’s the law.”
- Finally, think about your teenage daughter . . . a star athlete whose basketball team is poised to make a deep run in the playoffs. Until, you learn, their main rival has recruited a hulking center who decided he could break more records and block more shots by identifying as a girl.
The Olympics writ small and, now, directly in your face.
Some information for all:
Through numerous case studies, the Department of Justice has developed characteristics and behavioral indicators of a pedophile. They are as follows:
- Is most often an adult male.
- Is usually married.
- Works in a wide range of occupations, from unskilled laborer to corporate executive.
- Relates better to children than adults.
- Socializes with few adults unless they are pedophiles.
- Usually prefers children in a specific age group.
- Usually prefers either males or females, but may be bi-sexual.
- May seek employment or volunteer with programs involving children of the age of his preference.
- Pursues children for sexual purposes.
- Frequently photographs or collects photographs of his victims, either dressed, nude, or in sexually explicit acts.
- Collects child erotica and child-adult pornography.
- May possess and furnish narcotics to his victims to lower their inhibitions.
- Is usually intelligent enough to recognize that he has a personal problem and understand the severity of it.
- May go to great lengths to conceal his illegal activity.
- Often rationalizes his illicit activities, emphasizing his positive impact upon the victim and repressing feelings about the harm that he has done.
- Often portrays the child as the aggressor. This usually occurs after the child realizes that by withholding “sexual favors” the child will obtain what he or she desires, such as new toys, clothing or trips.
- Talks about children in the same manner as one would talk about an adult lover or spouse.
- Often was a child molestation victim and frequently seeks out children at the age or stage of physical development at which he was molested.
- Often seeks out publications and organizations that support his sexual beliefs and practices.
- Usually corresponds with other pedophiles and exchanges child pornography and erotica as proof of involvement.
- Is usually non-violent and has few problems with the law (pedophiles are frequently respected community members).
Ladies and gentlemen, the door is now open.
Let the predation commence.